Weeknight dinners can be daunting. After a long day at the office and an hour at the gym, seriously all I want is a quick and easy dinner that I can throw together. But, I also don’t want to sacrifice taste with simplicity. This chicken pesto bake is just that, quick, easy, and delicious. With only four main ingredients and less than 10 minute prep time, this recipe is the answer to your weeknight dinner prayers. And, while I usually only make enough for one meal, this could easily be doubled or tripled for lunches or dinners throughout the week. You could easily switch it up with different sides, rice, or pasta. I typically serve it with some sort of vegetable. I have been absolutely loving baked zucchini spears with a little cheese sprinkled on top, and they were the perfect pair for the chicken pesto bake. With just a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and some of your extra Italian Five Cheese blend on top of the zucchini spears, you’ve got a yummy veggie side to go along with your pesto chicken bake.
This chicken pesto bake has become one of my staple weeknight meals, and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
2-3 Chicken Breasts
2-4 Tablespoons Pesto (I love the Giovanni Rana brand)
½ – 1 cup Italian Five Cheese Blend
Seasoning to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Lay chicken in glass baking dish and season. I season mine with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of pesto onto each chicken breast
4. Cut tomatoes into slices about ¼” thick, and place on top of each chicken breast
5. Sprinkle cheese over the top
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through
Boom, you’re done. I told you it was easy!