Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. Anytime, anywhere, breakfast is a must. From sweet pancakes to savory eggs benedict, I love it all. A tradition for me and my family is the breakfast sandwich. For us, that typically means a toasted English muffin, egg, bacon and cheese. Classically delicious.
But, I’ve been experimenting with different combinations and ideas to create the ultimate breakfast sandwich. There are so many elements and variations that can go into a good breakfast sandwich. This one features creamy avocado, whole wheat bread, flavorful garlic cheddar, salty ham, and a perfect egg, which all go so well together. It’s a filling and well-rounded meal that will stick with you all the way until lunch. If your breakfast has been lacking lately, you definitely have to give this a try. Believe me, I’ve eaten a breakfast sandwich or two over the years but this is my absolute favorite.
1 slice whole wheat bread
1 slice cheese (I’ve been using a New York Cheddar with garlic, it’s so good)
2 slices ham
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Throw the slice of bread in the toaster
2. Set skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. When the pan is hot, crack the egg into the pan. I always break the yolk right away, but you don’t need to if you like your egg runny. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
3. When it’s ready, flip the egg to make sure both sides are cooked. Add ham to the other side of the skillet to quickly sear.
4. When the toast is all toasty, smear avocado onto it, and place cheese on top.
5. Once the ham and egg are ready, place on top of the cheese.
What’s your go-to breakfast meal?